The THREE hectare Highett Grassy Woodland survived 180 years of threats since Melbourne’s foundation:
- It survived the era of felling for firewood and building.
- It survived the era of grazing.
- It just survived a 65-year occupation by CSIRO… with many plant and tree seeds just waiting in the soil for the chance to regenerate.
- Many young Yellow Box trees have appeared with a bit of conservation work.
- They NEED ROOM to thrive… naturally.
STOP today’s threat – the threat of “development” with apartment blocks, roads, weeds.
INSIST ON at least THREE hectares – for the woodland and beautiful places for people to relax.