Save the Highett Grassy Woodland
Please help to save this precious public land for recreation and the environment!
Amazingly, the Highett Grassy Woodland has survived in Melbourne despite 150 years of grazing, market gardens, tree felling, and building in the surrounding area.
We ALL need Open Space...!
- Bayside Council Protects Parkland at CSIRO Site
- A Letter to Supporters of the HGW
- Andrew Robb working hard to Save HGW
- Coalition Pledge to Retain HGW
- Highett Grassy Woodlands Plan Revealed
- Behind The Cyclone Wire
- CSIRO accused of ‘Hiding’ Report
- Green Group wants Third of Site Saved
- Letter from ‘Places Victoria’
- CSIRO Denies Sale in Highett
- Age Journalist Reports Sale
Please Register Your SupportPlease Register your Support so we can contact you with News Alerts. YOUR Support will help to SAVE Open Space for Everyone:
Archive for March, 2012
Posted on March 17, 2012 | No CommentsExtract from THE AGE – Domain (Page 10) March 17 by Marc Pallisco MANY precincts will end this decade with apartments on the skyline, including sleepy and very suburban Highett,...
Posted on March 2, 2012 | No CommentsBayside Leader by Donna Carton ALMOST 2000 people have signed a petition to save an urban green space from development. The Highett Grassy Woodland, which contains rare indigenous trees, is...
Posted on March 1, 2012 | No CommentsUnder the Freedom of Information Act (1982), twenty two (22) documents containing important Flora and Fauna reports and communications about the CSIRO site in Highett have been released to us...